I'm Not Dead!

Hey everyone! Man, I've really let this blog fall to the wayside haven't I? It's been almost a full 2 years since my last post...yeeesh! If I have anyone that is still reading or has been waiting for any news this is just a quick post to let you guys know that I'm not dead. In fact I'm quite busy and I've got a lot of things in the works! Some of which I still can't share but others which I can. The first really exciting news is that I recently got to do a variant cover for Archie Comics Mega Man series. It's issue 49 and it will be out on May 20, 2015! There was no specific prompt for this cover so I just kinda played around until I hit this idea. Since I'd wanted to do a Vitruvian Man homage for a while anyway I thought that this would be a good fit and my editor, Paul Kaminski, liked it as well. This was a really fun cover to work on and I'm really happy with the results! Thanks to Paul for giving me and this cover a shot! This was my first time working for Archie, or any of the big publishers for that matter, and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing this on the shelves!



Additionally Crystal Ben and I tabled at Locust Moon Comics Festival this past October and along with some prints and C.O.P.O.U.T issues we printed a new mini comic, The Cool-Box #1. It features a Comic Haiku from her and another Spaceman & Bloater story from me. As the #1 in the title suggests we're hoping to make this a more regular thing but given our schedules it may take a while for us to get into a consistent schedule. 

I've also been working with Leaf Pile Media on their Champions of Hara property. Doing art duties on both the comic as well as some other things that I can't talk about yet. Leaf Pile is a great gaming, comics, and media start up. Please show them support by liking their Facebook page! I'm really excited to be a part of their team. Working on this property has been some of the most rewarding work I've done thus far in my career! I can't show everything I've been doing for them but here's what's been revealed thus far! The intro comic:









And one of the character displays of a character named leaf!


Those are the main projects I've been working on. There are also some newer pieces which I didn't post here that are posted on my portfolio site, www.jasonpiperberg.com. You can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr as well for more frequent updates on what I'm up to. I'm really going to try and update this blog more often but check those places to see some more regular updates. Thanks for reading and please leave any thoughts, questions, or musings, in the comments as well as any topics that you'd like to see me cover here. Cheers!




Comments